Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My Wedding--It began with Polish Polka practice and ended with Pinochle!

I married my partner, John, on December 26th, 2015. I wanted a Christmas wedding, with all the decorations still up, lights lit, and colors of red, white, and gold abounding. I got my wish!
I love this picture. Sometimes simple is the best!
We had the wedding at St. John the Apostle MCC Church in Fort Myers, Florida. The church was awash in red poinsettias. We added two red and white floral arrangements to flank the altar. Pastor Steve Filizzi performed the ceremony. Wonderful friends served as attendants.
John and I at the altar after our wedding service.
The flowers from Cape Coral Florist were beautiful!
A picture of the wedding party.
We are truly blessed to have great friends!
One of the cookie trays.
There weren't any left at the end of the evening!
Cutting the "cakes." We had five! All different.
They came from Fresh Market in Fort Myers and were delicious!
Blake Becker was our caterer.
His friend, Nicole, was his assistant and bartender.
Blake's food was out of this world good!!! And he is a great friend!
 I made a side dish of Polish Hunter's Stew (Bigos) and kielbasa. I also made the cookies that were served and given as favors to take home in little gingerbread houses. 
We never danced the polka at the reception, but we did end the evening with a couple of rousing hands of pinochle at the hotel where relatives were staying.
How we spent our honeymoon--
after the reception playing pinochle with the family!
My sister, Felicia, joined, us later.
It was a magical day! I am so happy that John and I had the opportunity to join our lives together from now to eternity!
Our friends, Kurt and Jack, gave us this ornament.
It is very special!
Feel free to post a comment below.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful wedding~congratulations! I married into a Polish Pinochle playing family more than 30 years ago. Love your story and your recipes. That potato soup would hit the spot right now ��

    ReplyDelete